Thursday, December 27, 2012

Anibal Lautaro and Valeria Maside


WORLD PERFORMERS.

FROM; Buenos Aires, Argentina.

One day in Barcelona I was walking down Las Ramblas…as people do, and I saw a well-dressed couple set up and begin to tango.

As I watched, I was struck.

I am a magician and magic moves me, and this moved me.

My friends in brief, this is what they did.

They moved like two in an over whelming love that seemed to drug them into not caring who saw what they did.

The man was handsome, but with the look of a brute.

He was a big powerful and lumbering man when he stood waiting to begin.

So when he moved and moved gracefully it shocked us onlookers.

The woman, a petite and curvy beauty who when by herself for the brief moments, looked lovely and alluring, but in his arms looked helpless and almost struggling to cope with the cage and control he put her in by his mere size and power.

Yet, as you watched on, you realize it was a trick!

Because, she almost swam in his arms and loved it.

When she was in his space she shined…it was their struggle that made her beauty shine just a little bit more.

Once when she moved away from him, I saw him give a look of interest and slap her on the butt, and she slapped his face in response and then they embraced and moved again.

Wow.

Granted, it is hard to explain to my friends who are not Latin how much their performance touched me and the people of Spain, but I hope the reader will realize that I don’t usually talk in this manner unless it was amazing.

So much so that I saw this performance many years ago and still remember and get the same feelings.

When they dance they complement each other so perfectly it draws a crowd in seconds.
The audience is literally drawn and hypnotized.

they have several routine and dances you can watch them on youtube.

here's one i think really shows off their skills



they are also teachers and have won awards all over the world.

in Barcelona many of the performers hung out together and i got to meet them.

they are the nicest people in the world.


No comments: