Thursday, December 13, 2007

TOM PICCARD


TOM PICCARD,

another one of those legends from the day.


Student of Cellini, master in his own right.

Tom Piccard has been performing since 1970

In 1981 he met Cellini in New Orleans and took to the streets, Cellini helped him a great deal with learning how to build a crowd, keep a crowd, and on magic.

Sonny Holliday told me Tom started out as a clown, but told Cellini he wanted to learn our art.

Much of that clown is still showing;




In 1986 he toured with Cellini in Italy.

The following summer he returned to Europe and has been performing at various festivals and events there ever since.


Piccard also won the European Championships for street magic 4 times...At age 59 he is still at it..

Working 4 months out the year and then wintering in Thailand.

He’s living my dream. A full time pro and has been for along time. You hear about Tom up and down pitches all over the world.

I have not met him in person yet, but I will this season, I’ve kept in touch with him through mutual friends and via the internet.

I have mentioned him here, because he’s important, I’m also gonna list others here I haven’t met yet in the future, because I think there’s other guys who should be here…I just haven’t got to meet em all yet.

Tom is a great example of how a large body of working pros, who will work in the first world and live in the third. Gypsy genius.

Visiting his myspace is visiting another world. Theres plenty of footage and fun strange things to see….but if your like me you’ll make it your business to try and meet him.

http://www.myspace.com/piccardmagick





Piccards Cup Routine

Add to My Profile | More Videos


Tom, Gazzo, and Patrick


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Thanks Tom, for the life time of devotion

No comments: