Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HARRY ANDERSON


Harry is one of those guys who has done so much for magic, accomplished the impossible so many times and never seems to get any credit.

Here’s a guy who started on the street, worked there for years, and in his heart never left. A guy who always stayed loyal to our art and us.

Brought up in the old school, back in the day, he learned the rules and he believed in them. When the other guys around him found fame and fortune they forgot where they came from,

but not Harry, cuz he never stopped believing….the thing about Harry is, he’s not shallow, he’s a real guy.

Funny thing is, he made as much or more then those other guys, but when you talk to him he’s just one of us.

in fact, I remember hangin around his shop in New Orleans and there was a bunch of Hollywood movie stars and big wigs waiting to talk to him. His wife told him they were waitin and he told her to let em wait he was talkin to us…a bunch of shifty eyed, fedora wearin, cig smoking, buskers.

Funny thing about harry, was it pained him to hafta keep up appearances. When I first met him, I walked into his shop and I was lookin at some tricks I wanted. I saw him in the side of my eye and I said “hey I was wondering how much….oh, hey, you’re Harry Anderson”

He was beeming that I recognized him, and he began puttin on his promo face and I just interrupted him and asked, “how much for this trick..” Harry loved it that I didn’t care, you see that’s why he moved to New Orleans to get away from that Hollywood shallowness.

In New Orleans he would make it his business to catch every street guy's show at least once.

back in the day he had worked there himself.

Thats where he fined tuned his routines.

He's got some incredible acts, funniest man alive with ingenius magic. I don’t need to go on his life’s work shows.

Harry’s got that royal touch and he proved, you can take it anywhere. He’s hugely contributed to our art. His magic and entertainment leave you in awe.

THIS IS A MASTER.

And I’m glad I was alive to meet some one like this.

HARRY, HAVN’T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE, BUT I HOPE GOOD THINGS.




http://www.myspace.com/harryanderson

No comments: