Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WARPO





warpo is like a brother to me,


i learned comedy, throw away magic, and novelty magic, from Warpo. we have a long history going back many years.

one of the most valuable things he taught me about magic comedy is that it's much more appealing if the joke is on the performer.

i'm really intimidated writing this because i look up to him so much and i think this may have to be a work in progress.

he has a long and successful history as a pitchman. his teacher was sir david walker.

almost everyone i've talked to in the business has told me he's the best and i've never seen any one as good as him at it.

recently warpo has gone to the street and it fits him like a glove. so much so that it makes all wonder why he never did it before.

he is an icon in the french quarter and has been since he arrived in new orleans many years ago at the worlds fair. i think he should be mentioned here because he is also now a sidewalk performer. i'm gonna write more about later.

heres a clip of him in alaska;




he's gotta myspace that does him better justice then i have here so far,

y'all should check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/Warpomagic

here's another

1 comment:

Tip the Clown said...

I have seen him perform in New Orleans. He is one of the most amusing and amazing guy I know. To this day and age I would say he is one of the best Buskers. I will admit I have never has the chance to see him work the arena to gather a huge crowd like Jimmy Talksalot or The Break Street Dancer. Yet, the magic is good and entertaining enough to earn the money they make on huge crowds.
He gives me the desire to be out there performing each time I see him.
In other word, it looks like an adventure for him to perform and he loves every minute of the performance.