Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SONNY HOLLIDAY








there are masters and there are gods.

when the masters hang out with Sonny, they know who their master is and they all chatter like giddy school girls.

in the U.S. there is no one higher, the pecking order starts and ends with SONNY HOLLIDAY.

EVEN THE MOST CONCEITED , WITH DILLUSSIONS OF GRANDUER KNOW THEIR PLACE STARTS UNDER SONNY HOLLIDAY.

NO ONE HAS PAID THAT MANY DUES.

NOBODY HAS THOSE KINDA CHOPS.

NOBODY HAS THAT KINDA CLASS, STLYE, OR BALLS.

IN THE U.S. NO OTHER PERFORMER HAS THAT MUCH STREET IN THEM....NOBODY.

LASTLY, NOBODY IN THE WORLD CAN TOUCH HIS 15 MIN. MANIP. ACT, ON THE STREET.

YOU WANT TO HEAR THE POETRY OF THE STREET?

WATCH SONNY HOLLIDAY.

















as Americans we produced 2 busker legends for the international world to see,

Cellini

and his #1 student

Sonny Holliday.

I modeled myself after sonny, he is my hero, and in my mind, there is no one better.

I’d like to add one more thing, it goes without saying that the rest of the world has a huge, nay, gigantic amount of greats that puts our country at the bottom of the list for busking....a shameful thing.

but Cellini and Sonny Holliday put us on the map and they belong to us and we should do everything we can to show our thanks and undying respect any where we can.

.....ask yourself where would we be right now if they hadn't showed us how.

when I travel the world, doors open for me because of them. the world expects the same greatness from me. unfortunately, i of course fall short, but i think it should be our goal to exceed the world's expectations of us.

i think we should try and achieve the same greatness as these TWO, no matter how impossible it may seem.

Sonny has no students, I am the closest thing. he has taken me under his wing many times and as a street magician that is the thing I’m most proud of.

and with Sonny Holliday, you know I’m either telling the truth here, or I got a death wish.



Sonny Holliday at Venice Beach CA






Add to My Profile | More Videos




Add to My Profile More Videos


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





This is from the Cellini instructional dvd

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



BUT HERE'S MY FAVORITE YOUTUBE FOOTAGE OF HIM.
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This piece is OUTSTANDING

love the bio

love the pix

love the clips

thanks guys

"Thank god money don't buy the great things.... thank god"

Sonny Holiday