Saturday, January 26, 2008

THE AMAZING JOE JOE


the amazing JOE JOE

home pitch; MYRTLE BEACH

JoeJoe has traveled through
38 States, performing his
unique brand of magic and
illusion on Main Street USA.

joe joe is legendary. regretfully i have not met him yet, but have admired his work and reputation for many years.

he sent me a small bio and i'm gonna post it because i think it is best in his own words;

Background: "When I was 18 living in Ocean City I was working the usual dead end jobs - you know, dishwasher ... busboy ... mcdonalds.

It seemed I was always looking for a new job, and got the bright idea that as a street performer I could make money anywhere in the world without ever having to actually apply for a job.

It didn't happen overnight, but eventually I figured out how to do it".

Influences: "To me, Penn and Teller are successful street performers. Harry Anderson is a successful street performer.


The one thing they have in common is they are not actually working the streets. I hope I get that break and get off the streets, as all the streets are just dead ends.

I don't care how much money you can get in a hat ... it is still nothing compared to what Robin Williams can earn just for showing up at a party! I am amazed at how many street performers don't realize this little fact.

Your goal should not be a fat hat, your goal should be a great act - that is what makes a street performer successful".

Mentor: "There is an old timer here in town, Master Magician Jim Lee - he is featured on my Floating Street Lamp video. I've been working with him for roughly 15 years now. You want a who's who, he would be the one to do one on.


He is the real deal, toured with the carnie circuit doing the bed of nails longer than I've been alive. I don't know how old he actually is, but I hope I'm in as good shape when I'm his age".

The Act: "I try to be original and do my own thing. I think my sword-through-body is the people's favorite. It is tricky to pull that off when half your audience is under 13, but I figured out how to get away with it. Its really not the kids I worry about, its the parents - they are so over sensitive.


I grew up watching Tom and Jerry and the Road Runner ... my sword is nothing compared to cartoons".



here's his site;

http://joejoeonline.com/showtimes.htm


here's his blog good stuff;

http://joejoeonline.com/blogger/

joe joe has a large body of video clips on his site and throughout the internet displaying his talents with illussions on the street...which is a rare nitch.

watch him lure with spectacle.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Greetings from a NYC busker. Though not a magician myself... I enjoy reading about other buskers in your blog.
All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog